Our doctors have years of experience with a wide range of dermatologic conditions and treatments.
Dr. Patrick Retterbush
Patrick Retterbush, MD is a native of Valdosta, Georgia. He completed his undergraduate and medical school studies at both the University of Georgia and Medical College of Georgia. He trained in Dermatology at the University of North Carolina in which he served as a Chief Resident. Afterward, he stayed at UNC as the inaugural apprentice of Bradley Merritt, MD and Raj Varma, MD, experts in Mohs Surgery and Complex Skin Reconstruction, to complete a fellowship in Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology.
Dr. Retterbush is a board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is an associate member of the American College of Mohs Surgery. He practices both pediatric and adult general dermatology and Mohs surgery. His special interests include Mohs Surgery and Complex Cutaneous Reconstruction, and Mohs Surgery for Melanoma and Rare Skin Tumors.
Education & Training:
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA, B.S., 2007, Summa Cum Laude with Honors, First Honor Graduate
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, M.D., 2011, AOA Honors
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Internship: Internal Medicine Preliminary, 2012
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Residency: Dermatology, 2015
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Fellowship: Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology, 2016
Dr. Lauren Whalen
Lauren Whalen, MD is originally from Hawaii. She completed her undergraduate studies at Stanford University and medical school studies at Case Western Reserve University where she graduated with honors. She trained in medicine and pediatrics for her internship at University Hospitals of Cleveland and Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital. She trained in Dermatology at the University Hospitals of Cleveland.
Dr. Whalen is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology since 1993. She practices both pediatric and adult general dermatology.
Dr. Whalen practiced in the Cleveland, Ohio area for 15 years before moving to the Athens area in 2008.
Education & Training:
- Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, B.A., 1982
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, M.D., 1989, AOA Honors
- University Hospitals of Cleveland, Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital, Cleveland, OH
Internship: Medicine and Pediatrics, 1990
- Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH
Residency: Dermatology, 1993